The following post from Phoenix News Brief (鳳凰資訊快報) was deleted from Sina Weibo sometime before 10:05pm Hong Kong time yesterday, March 27, 2012. Phoenix News Brief currently has just under 35,000 followers, according to numbers from Sina Weibo. [More on deleted posts at the WeiboScope Search, by the Journalism and Media Studies Centre].
Concerning the suspicious death of in November last year of British national Neil Heywood in Chongqing, Britain’s Foreign Office has said that it was at the request of British nationals in Chongqing who had questions about the circumstances of Neil Heywood’s death that Britain asked China’s government to investigate. Asked yesterday about the death, foreign ministry spokesman Hong Lei (洪磊) said he wasn’t familiar with the case.
This original Chinese post from Phoenix News Brief follows:
英國外交部回應去年11月在重慶離奇死亡的英國人Neil Heywood之死事件時表示，是重慶當地英國人對Neil Heywood之死提出質疑後，英方才要求中國政府調查。外交部發言人洪磊昨日被問及死亡個案時稱，對案件並不知情。
NOTE: All posts to The Anti-Social List are listed as “permission denied” in the Sina Weibo API, which means they were deleted by Weibo managers, not by users themselves.